WELDER HEADS UP !
There have been some recent issues with welders’ continuity updates and corrupting the UA’s welder certification database. To help alleviate the situation there has been a necessary change to the Continuity Submittal web page on UANet.org.
If the continuity date for a welder record is older than 120 days based on the current calendar date the system will not allow the continuity update.
Current Calendar Date: 1/30/2024
Continuity Date: 08/11/2024 172 Days, Update NOT ALLOWED
Continuity Date: 09/11/2024 142 Days, Update NOT ALLOWED
Continuity Date: 10/03/2024 119 Days, Update IS ALLOWED
Continuity Date: 12/15/2024 46 Days, Update IS ALLOWED
All other rules as it relates to welder continuity submissions remain, i.e., even if the 120-day rule is met, the continuity date must be before the most recent expiration date for the given record (process type).
No other organization serves the training needs of the piping industry like the United Association. For over a century, the UA has been training the most highly-qualified workers in the United States and Canada.
Over the past several decades, the United Association's training programs have produced a stable, skilled workforce responsible for building and maintaining piping systems in the various industrial and residential facilities that make up the North American landscape.
No one can match the commitment or investment. The UA spends over $100 million annually on training programs efforts involving over 350,000 journeymen and apprentices in over 400 local training facilities at any given time.
If the United Association wanted to select an area which reflects this commitment to the training and excellence produced, it could well look to New York State. Thanks to an agreement with the Plumbing & Mechanical Contractors Association (PMCA), UA Local 21 has a daytime apprenticeship program in our state of the art training facility.
In addition to our five-year apprenticeship programs, UA Local 21 offers continuing education opportunity that includes journeymen training and certification, as well as an associate's degree program through the United Association, International.
Journeyman training is offered to all Journeymen on a continual basis. The training includes specialized subjects as well as the following regular programs and certifications:
- Asbestos/Lead Awareness
- Backflow Prevention Device Testing Recertification
- CFC Refrigerant Handler Training and Certification
- Construction Supervision Degree ( On - Line)
- Crane Signaler Certification (NCCCO)
- Electronic Controls (DDC) Training
- Foreman Certification Training
- GHS (Global Harmonized Symbol) Training
- GPRO Plumbing Certification ( USGBC)
- High density polypropylene fusion
- Lockout/Tagout Procedure
- Medical Gas System Installation Training and Recertification
- NFPA 70E (Arc Flash) Awareness
- On - Line CAD Classes
- Orbital Welding Certifications
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety
- OSHA Hazardous Communication
- OSHA Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Scaffold User and Competent Person
- Rigging (EPRI) Certification
- Tube Bending Classes
- Valve Repair Certification
- UA Welding Certifications
- Westchester Journeyman Plumbing Exam